Hex N More Cutting Tutorials - Half Hex
Tutorial Provided by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
First I showed how to cut 60° Triangles. The next shape we are doing to cut is the Half Hex. It is the second easiest shape to cut and you also have little to no waste when cutting them. The Hex N More can cut four sizes of Half Hexagons. The measurements are based on the size of a full hexagon. This means that the 6" Half Hexagon will measure 3" finished in height.
Four Sizes - 2", 4", 6", 8"
With today's tutorial I'm demonstrating how to cut a 6" Size Half Hex.
1. Start with a 3 1/2" x width of fabric strip.
2. Place ruler as shown aligning the top of fabric strip with the solid horizontal 6 1/2" hexagon line, and the bottom of fabric strip with the solid 6 1/2" half hex line.
3. Cut along right edge of ruler to trim strip.
4. Flip fabric over to the wrong side. Align cut edges with solid 6 1/2" hexagon and 6 1/2" half hex lies.
5. Cut along right edge of ruler to complete half hex.
6. Turn strip around 180° to cut the next half hexagon. Align ruler and trim off dog ears.
7. Flip fabric back over to the right side. Align cut edges with solid 6 1/2" hexagon and 6 1/2" half hex lies. Cut along right edge of ruler to trip strip.
© Blog post written by Julie Herman