Hex N More Cutting Tutorials - Hexagon
Tutorial Provided by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
The next shape we are doing to cut is the Hexagon. The Hex N More can cut four sizes of Hexagons. The measurements are based on the height of the hexagon. This makes rotary cutting the hexagons from strips simple & easy!
Four Sizes - 2", 4", 6", 8"
With today's tutorial I'm demonstrating how to cut a 4" Finished Size Hexagon.
1. Start with a 4 1/2" x width of fabric strip.
2. Place ruler as shown aligning the fabric strip with the solid horizontal 4 1/2" hexagon lines.
3. Cut along right edge of ruler to trim strip.
4. Turn strip around 180°
5. Align cut edges with solid 4 1/2" hexagons lines on ruler.
6. Cut along right edge of ruler to complete hexagon.
7. Turn strip around 180° to cut the next hexagon. Align solid horizontal 4 1/2" hexagon lines.
8. Cut along right edge of ruler to trip strip. Discard triangles or cut small 1" triangles for another project. Repeat steps above to continue cutting hexagons along the strip.
The same 4 1/2" strip can be used to cut multiple shapes. You can cut a 4" Hexagon, 8" Half Hexagon and a 4" 60° Triangle.
© Blog post written by Julie Herman